Join the TiDB Future App Hackathon 2023 to unleash your creativity and build ground-breaking applications. Connect with like-minded developers, experience the latest Serverless technologies, and compete for a share of the $36k prize pool!
Whether you're into Data, AI, IoT, PWAs, or cross-platform development, the serverless trend is transforming the industry. In this Hackathon, you get to leverage the numerous advantages of serverless technology to streamline your application development process and drive your project towards success.
With TiDB Serverless, a fully-managed, MySQL-compatible, database service on AWS, you are well equipped to create scalable, resilient, and high-performing applications that stand out and impress.
Don't miss out! Register for the TiDB Future App Hackathon 2023 today and let's build, connect, experience, and triumph together!
What to Build
With TiDB Serverless and your preferred framework, the possibilities are limitless. To help you kickstart your project, we've identified a few categories you might consider.
Remember, these are just sparks to ignite your imagination – the sky's the limit!
- Sample Applications built with TiDB Serverless
|Hybrid Transactional/Analytical Processing
|Applications that handle high-volume transactions and perform analytical queries on big data or streaming data simultaneously.
|API & Integration
|Applications that integrate with popular APIs to provide a unique service or functionality, such as Vercel and AWS Lambda.
|Application that leverage AI capabilities.
What to Submit
- TiDB Cloud account email
Articulate the problem your application solves and emphasize its value to users, while highlighting its innovative and distinctive features.
[Essential] Showcase the types of data your application stores in TiDB Serverless and highlight the benefits of using TiDB Serverless, such as scalability, query response times, and cost-effectiveness.
Keep the video concise (less than 4 min), and publicly accessible on YouTube.
- Access to Your Working Application: Provide necessary details for judges to access your application, whether it's a test account or a website. Make sure the instructions are clear and straightforward. (New Project Only)
- GitHub Link: Include a link to your application's code on GitHub. Your repository can be public or private. If it's private, please provide access in your testing instructions. Remember to include all necessary deployment files and testing instructions to facilitate the testing of your application.
Get ideas and inspiration here!
An idea list as a reference to help you get inspired!
- Kickstart your Hackathon journey! Dive into the Idea Pool! [June 15, Online Brainstorming]
- Folks also find it inspiring by checking through some public datasets
- Development tool
GET STARTED IN 4 STEPS:
- Sign up for the TiDB Future App Hackathon
- Form your team and enter our Discord. You can have up to 4 people in your team. Each participant can only join one Hackathon project.
- Create a TiDB Cluster in TiDB Serverless
- Start building your App.
- Here are more resources to help you familiar with TiDB serverless. If you encounter any challenges during app development, feel free to ask for assistance on Discord or refer to the FAQ section for guidance.
Preliminary stage: June 6th (10:00 am Pacific Time) - July 28th (8:00 pm Pacific Time)
- Preliminary Stage finalists will be announced on August 3 （60 teams will be selected as finalists.）
- Final stage: August 4th - August 6th (Finalists will be able to revise their project during this time period.)
- Announcement of final results: August 15th
$36,000 in prizes
Vercel | Best User Experience Award
$1500 in usage credit to the Vercel platform.
This award is granted to the project with the best user experience and user interface design powered by Vercel.
Best AI Application Award
To the project that leverage AI in a unique and practical way, as well as an ability to integrate AI techniques into the application.
Prize for Social Good
To the project with the theme of solving social welfare problems
TiDB Hackathon Swag to up to 60 Finalists
Incentive Awards | Top 5 Idea-makers with the most votes
Chosen based on the number of thumbs-up reactions on Discord channel.
Incentive Awards | Top 5 Story-tellers with the most votes
$100 USD Chosen based on the number of thumbs-up reactions on Discord channel.
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
Co-Founder & CEO, Momento
Hassan El Mghari
Senior Developer Advocate,Vercel
Co-Founder & CTO,PingCAP
Principal Product Manager, PingCAP
Software Developer,PingCAP. - Former lead of MySQL InnoDB
Senior Principal Engineer,PingCAP
Principal Product Manager - TiDB Cloud Ecosystem,PingCAP
Head of Presales, North America, PingCAP
Includes how well the idea was executed by the developer and how well the TiDB Cloud features were leveraged, such as HTAP, Scalability, Realtime and AI-driven.
Quality of the Idea
Includes creativity and originality of the idea.
Includes the user experience and visual design of the idea.
Best AI Application Award Judging Criteria
Projects that leverage AI in a unique and practical way, as well as an ability to integrate AI techniques into the application.
Vercel | Best User Experience Award
This award is granted to the project with the best user experience and user interface design powered by Vercel & TiDB